Is there such a thing as the perfect white summer dress?
Since I own a few, probably not . . .
but having at least one white dress for summer seems to be a must have item.
What makes a white dress perfect for summer in my book?
- It has to be versatile, able to function as a lunch date attire with girlfriends type dress, date night with hubby type dress or even playing with Molly type of dress.
- It has to be be machine washable, I mean, it’s white folks so its going to get dirty and I’m not about to spend extra money on dry cleaning. Plus items never come back white from the dry cleaners.
- It has to look good paired with flats and heels.
- It has to be complimentary with a hat, possibly several different kinds since I enjoy wearing them for sun protection.
- It has to be travel safe, meaning easy to fold or roll up in my suitcase for some summer get aways.
I was over joyed to find one that made every single mark.
I first wore it with my girlfriend jeans since it was still a bit chilly but this would make for the perfect evening date night attire all summer long.
And last week it traveled with me to San Diego, taking up hardly any room in my suitcase.
I think my favorite thing about this perfect white summer dress is that it makes a statement all on its own . . . no extra accessories required (unless you want to add some).
I’m thinking some funky lace up gladiator style sandals or bohemian styled ones would be way fun. If any of you have some suggestions, please send them my way.
Outfit details: dress and jeans-gap, heels-sam edelman (nordstroms), navy flat sandals-ann taylor, tote-boutique in Italy.