I’m getting smarter or at my age it’s better known as getting wiser, especially with my shopping. This last year I’ve been trying to really purge my closets and only keep and purchase items that:
- Make me truly happy
- Can be mixed and matched or versatile
Here’s a perfect example . . .
When I spotted this cream dress I knew right away it could be worn many different ways.
Worn alone with some fun and comfortable flats . . .
Layered with a cardigan to give it a more casual look . . .
Layered with a leather/fur vest, boots and hat . . .
Or dressed up with heels and a layered with a lace vest.
When summer hits, I’ll be throwing this baby on with some gold, or silver or tan sandals both flats and heels. Now that’s a good investment, wouldn’t you say?
Here’s my five tips on thinking versatile:
- Buy a neutral color item such as cream, white, grey, or black.
- Make sure it looks good with both flats and heels or at least two different types of shoes.
- Use layers to give it a different look, like cardigans, vests and scarves.
- Shop you closets and drawers for inspiration.
- Be creative and yourself.
As always my friends, thanks for dropping by, have a wonderful Monday.